Mustang News Team

Senior+Dax+Fregia+was+interviewed+for+Mustang+News+during+the+SkillsUSA+field+trip+to+Spindletop.++

Senior Dax Fregia was interviewed for Mustang News during the SkillsUSA field trip to Spindletop.

Mr.Michael Horton, the Career Center’s new AV, Graphic Design, and Game Design teacher, started a new course this spring semester with his audio-video students. This was when the Mustang News program was born. 

The program started the week before Christmas break with students in Ms. Lacey Hale’s video class made a 30-60 second video on Christmas trivia.

“The inspiration behind Mustang News is to give students, teachers, parents, and community members a way to see all the wonderful things happening here at WOS High School,” Mr.Horton said.

“My goal with this team is to help guide students to become powerful members of their school, as well as their community with the skills they will learn from this class.”

The last ten minutes of class last Thursday, each teacher played a seven-minute video that introduced tutoring sessions starring multiple students and teachers along with our very own principal.

“The goal was to increase awareness about words commonly missed on the STAAR test,” Senior Noe Lara said. “There’s more videos to come as well.”

If you have any more questions, don’t hesitate to contact Mr.Horton in room 1012.