WOS Students Participate in Feed The Funnel for TPC victims

Trinity Brown and Patricia LaFleur

After two accidental explosions at the TPC chemical plant on November 27th, 2019 many people in Port Neches were forced to evacuate. Many homes were also damaged during the explosions. This was when non-profit organization The Pack Shack decided to step in.

The Pack Shack organized Feed the Funnel to help provide delicious and nutritious meal for the displaced families. The event took place on Monday, December 9. Freshmen, Sophomores, Junior, Seniors, and a few teachers volunteered to help out. 

“It was a lot more entertaining and a good thing,” senior Steven Wilkerson said. “I’m thankful for the opportunity.”

The program prepared 40,230 ready-to-eat meals. They worked from 9 in the morning to 1 in the afternoon. Principal Hoilfield was seen participating and dancing along to the music. 

“I did a good thing and I felt good afterwards,” junior Rayne Keith said. “Because even the smallest thing helps.”

Students feel like they have done a good thing for their community, and are proud of themselves for being able to make sure that families that don’t have enough well at least have a nice meal to eat. 

“Helping people makes me happy and should make everyone happy.” sophomore Babitha Jerani said.