Mustang Message

Power-lifting District Meet

Back to Article
Back to Article

Power-lifting District Meet

Sophomore Clint Williams squatting 325 lbs.

Sophomore Clint Williams squatting 325 lbs. "I like that powerlifting makes stronger. It helps me get better with my squatting," Sophomore Clint Williams said.

Clint Williams, Writer

The Mustangs hosted a powerlifting meet on January 31. The boys as a team finished second place while the girls as a team finished third place as a team.

Boys

In the 132 weight class Andre Thomas finished 1st place lifting a total of 1025 lbs.

In the 148 weight class Jamarcus Ross finished 2nd place lifting a total of 860 lbs.

In the 148 weight class Jasachin Harris finished 4th place lifting a total of 785 lbs.

In the 165 weight class Clint Williams finished 2nd place lifting a total of 955 lbs.

In the 165 weight class Jerold Brown finished 3rd place lifting a total of 925 lbs.

In the 165 weight class Jaqualon Chaney finished 4th place lifting a total of 855 lbs.

In the 165 weight class Hykiem Taylor finished 5th place lifting a total of 840 weight class.

In the 198 weight class Steven Wilkerson finished 1st place lifting a total of 1100 lbs.

In the 198 weight class Tyrone Brown finished 3rd place lifting a total of 995 lbs.

In the 198 weight class Issac Morris finished 4th place lifting a total of 850 lbs.

In the 220 weight class Shemar Manaway finished 3rd place lifting a total of 1040 lbs.

In the 220 weight class Floyd Mouton finished 5th place lifting a total of 1015 lbs.

In the 240 weight class Courtney Davis finished 4th place lifting a total of 865 lbs.

In the 240 weight class Issac Medina finished 5th place, lifting a total of 840 lbs.

In the 275 weight class Darby Jones finished 1st place, lifting a total of 1405 lbs.

In the 275 weight class Quincy Ledet finished 4th place, lifting a total of 1225.

In the SHW weight class Jordan Garrett finished 1st place, lifting a total of 1320 lbs.

In the SHW weight class Evan Grey finished 5th place, lifting a total of 785 lbs.

Girls

In the 123 weight class Kyla Smith finished 2nd place, lifting a total of 515 lbs.

In the 123 weight class Jayden Miller finished 3rd place, lifting a total of 360 lbs.

In the 148 weight class Kamille Queen finished 1st place, lifting a total of 530 lbs.

In the 148 weight class Shakeitha Declouet finished 2nd place, lifting a total of 445 lbs.

In the 181 weight class Aris Batts finished 2nd place, lifting a total of 600 lbs.

In the 259+ weight class Nortazia McGhee finished 4th place, lifting a total of 460 lbs.