Mustang Message

Creating Athletes and More

Back to Article
Back to Article

Creating Athletes and More

Malena Warnell and Jayden Williams performing at halftime of a football game.

Malena Warnell and Jayden Williams performing at halftime of a football game. "Being on Fillies for four years has really helped me become the person I am today," Senior Malena Warnell said.

Megan Dorantes, Writer

Plenty of students have the potential to get through the core classes, but our fine arts and clubs are what can make a school have color and spirit. All clubs or fine art classes showcase the students talents in a controlled environment. These programs are a way to express themselves and give students a creative outlet.
“Students need to have a place to not be a student and just be them,” Senior Abigail Stephens said.
Most teams and clubs feel as if they are not being given the materials that are needed or there isn’t enough activities to choose from. Students need a place to show who they are whether that be in the classroom, on the field, or in a club. While being in a classroom all day and compared to other students and getting graded, they need a place to get away from that and learn more about themselves, as people.
“I feel that the fine arts program has value, and if they did not have it then students would have no way to express themselves,” Senior David Sargent said.

About the Writer
Megan Dorantes, Writer

Class of 2020

Activities:
-Advanced Journalism
-Drama Club

Year(s) in journalism:
2
"I love journalism because it allows me to be...