Mustang Message

Over-Exposed

Students battle dress code violations

Back to Article
Back to Article

Over-Exposed

"I feels like crop tops do not distract from the learning experience. It is more damaging to pull a girl out of class for her clothing," Junior Chattoria Wade said.

Megan Dorantes, Writer

Students everyday violate the dress code and suffer consequences. Young women are mainly affected by the dress code enforcement such as, skirts or shorts being too short, having leggings on, or having their shoulders out. The consequences for violating the dress code is getting sent home early or to ISS for the remainder of the day.
Students get one day of ISS or get sent home early from school if not in dress code. Assistant Principals have been enforcing the rules of dress code for the past years, but recently some rules have been change
“Now we can our ripped jeans below the knee, so they are becoming very lenient to it, but it is just the girls who come to school wearing short shirts, skirts, or dresses,” Junior Chattoria Wade said.
The new trend in the school lately has been to wearing ripped jeans which the school use to be against, but clearly they have changed their minds about one of the many rules.
“They are getting a better understanding of how our generation’s fashion works, but they still want us to look presentable and professional because we should be dressed as we are getting ready for a job,” Senior David Sargent said.
Students have to dress accordingly to the school’s rules even though most of them do not like the rules that are set in place. Most students would like to change the school dress code to how they can dress and would want to wear as the please.
“I would say what they are doing seems a little bit too much. I can understand where they are coming from even though I may not agree with it. I personally do not see a issue with having rips in jeans above thighs, midrifts, and short skirts or dresses or anything else they still crack down on,” Senior Airreon Garrett said.
Most students do not seems to have an issue with any short clothing because it doesn’t seem to bother or distract them, and for others that do not see a problem with the dress code at all in matter of fact they do not need to see a in changeĀ 
it.

About the Writer
Megan Dorantes, Writer

Class of 2020

Activities:
-Advanced Journalism
-Drama Club

Year(s) in journalism:
2
"I love journalism because it allows me to be...

1 Comment

One Response to “Over-Exposed”

1. breanna white on October 30th, 2018 9:58 am

i think that crop tops show to much skin and exposed skin

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Over-Exposed

News

Newton Eagles Soars Past the Mustangs 21-7

• Over-Exposed

Opinion

Pepper Spray Causes Problems for Honor Graduate

• Over-Exposed

Opinion

Academic VS Athletic: The Hustlers of WOS

• Over-Exposed

Opinion

Silver Seniors Strike Down Tradition

• Over-Exposed

News

Lunch Munch

• Over-Exposed

Opinion

Band Uniforms

• Over-Exposed

Opinion

15 makes a difference to ’18

• News

WOCCISD Bond Information

• Over-Exposed

Mustang of the Month

November Mustang of the Month

• News

Go Far or Stay Home

The student news site of West Orange-Stark High School
Over-Exposed