Mustang Message

Decorations for Homecoming

Back to Article
Back to Article

Decorations for Homecoming

Chasity J, Writer

Friday and Saturday, September 21st and 22nd, many students came out to help with homecoming decorations. It included each class decorating a portion of the main hallway.
The freshman class chose to decorate their section as Princess and the Frog. They included the dress, swampy areas, and the two frogs. There were a lot of freshman that showed up to help. Freshmen: Nia Lewis, Everett, and Mykael came to participate.
“To be apart of Stuco you have to put in work so therefore, I felt good seeing everyone show up to make the hallway look good,” Freshman Nia Lewis said.
Mickey Mouse was the pick for the sophomore class for their part of the hall. They painted the clubhouse, the main characters, and clouds to give the animated effect. Sophomores: Patricia LaFleur, Baylee Kibdoux, Keante Thompson, and Jayden Wlliams showed support for Homecoming.
“It was very tedious and time consuming, but everything came out great,” Sophomore Baylee Kibdoux said.
Juniors made Aladdin come to life with their 3-D tunnel and realistic paintings of the cast. While the juniors didn’t have the best attendance, they got a lot done with making it look well put together. Juniors: Chattoria Wade, Annie Brashear, Angel Gaitan, and Noe Lara showed up to help with decorations.
“It was a lot of fun being able to paint the walls and be around people who wanted to do the same,” Junior Chattoria Wade said.
Hakuna Matata was the main concept for the senior class. They decorated with individual scenes, the title of the movie, and the Hakuna Matata for the portion. Seniors: Abigail Stephens, Alexya LaFleur, Chasity Janice, Carolina Arreola, Trinity Hodge, Diamond Judge, Manuel Franklin, Deiondre Hawthorne, and Andre Riggs all came out to support for Homecoming.
“It was very fun and I’m so very happy that so many seniors attended,” Senior Alexya LaFleur.
All the participation from the students was astounding. They stayed until 8 o’clock on Friday night and came back bright and early Saturday morning.

1 Comment

One Response to “Decorations for Homecoming”

1. Trinity Garrett on October 30th, 2018 10:00 am

All of the halls turned out very nicely!!!!

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Clubs and Activities

Student Council Rises Again

• Decorations for Homecoming

Clubs and Activities

Fine Arts & Clubs Then Teams

• Decorations for Homecoming

Clubs and Activities

Calling All Dramatics

• Clubs and Activities

Foreign Culture Club

• Clubs and Activities

Skills USA

• Clubs and Activities

Band

• Clubs and Activities

Chess Club

• Clubs and Activities

Cheer

• Clubs and Activities

Stark Reading Program

• Clubs and Activities

National Honor Society

The student news site of West Orange-Stark High School
Decorations for Homecoming